This morning, I visited BF NorthWest which is one of the most notable villages inside BF Homes subdivision in Parañaque City to take a close look at the Community Fun Fair which was held at the open-air basketball court just steps away from the clubhouse of the BF NorthWest Homeowners Association, Inc.
What I saw there was interesting.
There were several tents set up which were occupied by varied sellers who brought in their stuff. A wide variety of goods, both used and new, were offered to buyers like toys, clothing, slippers, food, beverages, comic books, text books, household items, original DVD movies, fresh vegetables and more.
According to village governor Lorea Miren (who was in-charge of the 2-day event), the Community Fun Fair was meant to help the village raise funds needed for the maintenance and improvement of the park.
“Instead of charging for the rent of the tents or the space, we collect ten percent of their proceeds which will go to the improvement of the park,” Miren said during my interview with her. Companies that sell services meanwhile were given a fixed rate.
“What’s happening organically is there are people who are asking if they could bring their stuff to sell so I had to check if there are any spaces left,” Miren added.
As my interview with the village governor went on, I noticed more than people arriving into the fair looking for things to buy, meeting neighbors and the like. At such an early stage, the Community Fun Fair was already fulfilling another key objective – bringing community members together and opening opportunities for socializing.
The BF NorthWest Community Fun Fair will last another day tomorrow (April 28) from 9AM to 6PM. Both villagers and non-residents (visitors from outside BF NorthWest) are welcome to visit the whole day event to have a good time and contribute to the community through purchasing.
BF NorthWest can be accessed along El Grande Avenue.
In partnership with the National Capital Region branch of Red Cross (Red Cross NCR), the Tahanan Homeowners Association, Inc. (THA) will be organizing on June 1, 2019 a blood donation program titled “Tahanan LIFEBLOOD ’19 Love Life – Give Blood Program” which will be held from 9AM to 3PM at the multi-purpose hall in Tahanan Village, Paranaque City.
Already the THA invited its homeowners to participate in the program which is open to all homeowners, relatives, staff and friends aged 16-years-old ad older.
Posted below for your visual reference is the THA’s official announcement paper. Contact information and all other relevant details are included!
I recently passed by Tahanan Village in Barangay BF Homes, Parañaque City, and apart from their election (which took place on April 6 and 7) for the new directors to form part of the Board of Directors (BOD) of the Tahanan Homeowners Association, Inc. (THA), I learned some important details worth sharing here. These details can help you, especially if you are organizing a homeowners’ association (HOA).
Report by the THA President
On April 1, 2019, or five days before the village election took place, the THA BOD led by their President Augusto Tejada published a report in the form of a 3-page document which I posted below for your viewing pleasure.
It’s a report about what the HOA has been doing for the past year.
The most notable items were:
Continued security of the village provided by Bulldog Security resulting the handling of 31 incidents (examples: disputes between neighbors, dugo-dugo attempts), the limiting of the akyat-bahay incident into just one, and continued foot and bicycle patrols around the village.
Some progress achieved on taming over-speeding vehicles within the village by means of the installation of traffic regulatory signs and speed humps (which were quite expensive to do by the way). There is a need however to acquire speed guns or devices that can help the THA read the speed, plate license and capture images of over-speeding vehicles.
Continued repairs on the concrete road cracks. There is a need however to use a roller to compact asphalt down the concrete cracks and already the THA consulted with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
The THA’s Directors approved the following projects:
The installation of an ATM (automatic teller machine) within the village, specifically at the area in front of the gazebo near the office gate. Already the association negotiated with Sterling Bank and the casing of the ATM will be deigned by a local architect. Installation schedule is May 2019. If this project is realized, it means villagers do not need to go all the way out of Tahanan Village to withdraw money.
Replacing the current closed circuit television (CCTV) with a more advanced model. This one had to be done because the current model does not have the new functionalities to protect the village from the entry and exit of criminal elements.
But there is more!
For future activities, the THA announced it will be organizing the Tahanan LIFEBLOOD ’19 Love Life – Give Blood Program which is in partnership with Red Cross. This will take place on June 1, 2019 (Saturday, 9AM to 3PM) at the village’s multi-purpose hall and it is open to all homeowners, relatives, staff and friends. Minimum age requirement is 16 years.
The activity’s purpose is to create a supply of fresh blood needed for emergencies within the community, especially if accidents, surgeries, Dengvaxia-related cases, Dengue cases and other unfortunate events happen.
Those who are willing to donate blood should contact the THA’s main office by calling 842-5955 (Weng) or 09175351072 (Dr. Maricar Silva) or 09178155679 (Richard Estuesta).
That’s all for today for community news. I end this post with the 3-page report by THA President Tejada.
Starting April 1, 2019, summer swimming lessons will begin at the swimming pool (and the nearby kids’ pool) by the clubhouse of Tahanan Village, Barangay BF Homes, Paranaque City.
Based on the details released via signs around the village, the 1st batch of lessons is from April 1 to 13, 2nd batch from April 22 to May 4, 3rd batch from May 6 to May 18 and the 4th batch from May 20 to June 1.
Schedule for the swimming lessons is from 8AM to 9AM, 9AM to 10AM, 10AM to 11AM, 2PM to 3PM, 3PM to 4PM, and 4PM to 5PM.
Courses offered are as follows: Tadpole, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Competitive.
For inquiries and enrollment, call 09089775023 and 09155900580.
From my own experience in life, I know what it is like to be mobbed and get hurt by bullies. I know what it is like to be outnumbered by many others who could not control themselves.
Mobbingis defined as an act of bullying against an individual committed by a group of people (referred to as the mob). It is an act that happens in schools, the workplace, the family, online and in communities.
Usually a mob acts with its members united by the pursuit to hurt or even destroy the individual in varied ways like using physical violence, picketing, becoming rowdy and causing a disturbance while pointing at their target. Sometimes the mob can abuse the legal system to bring down their target.
Examples of acts of mobbing:
1) Spreading rumors or propaganda or organizing a smear campaign against the individual target.
2) Gate-crashing or deliberate trespassing into someone else’s territory.
3) Isolating the target to make him/her look undesirable in front of others.
4) Filing cases in court versus the target even though they don’t have solid evidence to win.
5) Beating up the individual physically.
6) Protesting in public and trying to fool members of the public into supporting their cause.
7) Lying to local authorities and telling them exaggerations just to fool them into supporting their cause against the individual target.
Why do mobs keep on mobbing? I have my own theories.
1) They really have nothing better to do in life and the temptation of organizing to “win” (hurting or destroying their target) is too irresistible to them.
2) Hate versus their target is so strong in their minds, they are too blinded to think rationally.
3) They are cowards deep inside and because they don’t have the law on their side, mobbing is their option.
4) They want to grab power or feed their own pride as a united group. They may even have some vanity in their minds that they don’t even realize.
5) They are driven by a political or sociological ideology.
6) Their group leaders are mentally unstable and the “follow the leader” approach still gets executed.
7) They believe that being united gives them the freedom to take the law into their own hands, to trespass into any territory and misinform people who discover their group. They may as well have adapted the culture of impunity.
8) They simply enjoy violence and want their target to suffer.
9) They don’t give a damn about right and wrong.
How to protect yourself from mobbing
1) Know your rights and study the law extensively. Get a very credible and experienced lawyer.
2) Prepare your own pieces of evidence that will discredit the mob.
3) If you can afford it, hire security personnel when you know the mob will resort to physical violence against you. Also consider a more protective location you will be staying at.
4) Observe how the mob thinks and acts. You should be able to analyze their flaws and use them to your advantage.
5) Avoid following their tactics and prove you are more civil than they are. You can influence members of the public when you discredit the mob successfully.
6) Research each member of the mob, especially their leaders. Also take a look at their personal interests that could explain their agenda in mobbing you.
7) While researching the mob members, observe how they act in front of others. Some mob members pretend to have been victimized (by the target individual) when in fact they are the ones on the offense. It’s too easy for mob members to pretend to be victims and blame the individual they want to destroy. It’s also easy for bullies to lie about the facts.
8) Wherever mobbing happens, do not hesitate to call for help from the immediate authorities. If you get mobbed in school, call the principal or a faculty member. At work, call the supervisor or the nearest security personnel.
Mobbing is simply wrong and in a way it is considered uncivilized. The mere act of a group bullying an individual person is just despicable especially when he/she is innocent.
I myself experienced being targeted by a mob of grade school students back in 1983 and it was a very difficult experience to overcome. It took me some time to recover from and, thanks to the Lord, I survived and got to live to tell about it. I certainly don’t want to see such a tragic experience happen to others who did not commit anything wrong.
If you, the reader, want to make a big difference in local society in a positive way then I urge you to learn why mobbing is wrong and why mobs are more destructive than their worth. If you get mobbed, fight back using civil and legal tactics!
More importantly, do not ever forget to pray to the Lord Jesus Christ for He will protect you and never abandon you. Also as a Christian, you will have to forgive the people who bullied you and that includes their most violent member or the gang leader. Remember that unforgiveness or the unwillingness to forgive will only lead you to more pain, more regret and put some darkness into your life. Everyone living in the flesh is flawed and that means looking up to the Lord for forgiveness. Learn from the Holy Bible.
“And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.”
Mark 11: 25 (NKJV)
For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 6: 14-15 (NKJV)
Let all the bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4: 31-32 (NKJV)
With the Lord on your side, the mob will eventually fall down no matter how violent and persistent they are and no matter how bad your situation looks. All you must do is be faithful to the Lord and eventually you will win over the bullies. You and your household will be saved too.
Let them be confounded and dismayed forever; Yes, let them be put to shame and perish, That they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord, Are the Most High over all the earth.
Psalm 83: 17-18 (NKJV)
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.
Acts 16: 31 (NKJV)
Never lose faith in the Lord!
Thank you for reading. If you found this article to be engaging, please click the like button below and also please consider sharing this article to others. Also my fantasy book The World of Havenor is still available in paperback and e-book format. If you are looking for a copywriter to create content for your special project or business, check out my services and my portfolio. Feel free to contact me as well.
Author’s Note: This article was originally published at my old Geeks and Villagers blog. What you read on this website was an updated and expanded version. In other words, this newest version you just read is the most definitive version.