The wave of positivity for Xbox and its global community of fans continues to go on. For one thing, the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X collectively sold over 100,000 units in Japan easily surpassing the Xbox One there and Team Xbox made clear it is NOT giving up on Japanese gamers and developers. The positive vibes generated by the highly successful Xbox-Bethesda E3 2021 games showcase continue to be felt as Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite are both set for global releases this November and December respectively. On Xbox Game Pass (XGP), it was announced recently that more than one hundred games support Xbox touch controls. Team Xbox also made video gaming more accessible to people with disabilities which is something that Nintendo and Sony could not even do. For the future of Xbox gaming, Team Xbox chief Phil Spencer confirmed that his team will continue to pursue acquisitions of game studios and talents.
November 15, 2021 will be a very significant date as it will mark the 20th anniversary of Xbox (note: new products for the anniversary will be released on that same day) and hot news right now is that Team Xbox announced there will be an anniversary celebration event that will be streamed on that very day! Check out the official image below…
To put things in perspective, posted below are selected excerpts from the Xbox.com article written by Xbox Games Studios head Matt Booty. Some parts in boldface…
We invite you to join us on Nov. 15 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Xbox and Halo with a fun, digital broadcast for fans around the globe. While we won’t announce any new games, this anniversary broadcast will be a special look back at 20 years of Xbox. We’ll share more details soon, so stay tuned.
We’ve been hard at work to deliver three months of back-to-back game launches. And while we hope you’ll join us in celebrating 20 years of Xbox history, know that we’re hard at work on the road ahead and what’s to come in the next 20 years.
As seen in Booty’s words above, Team Xbox prepared something special for the fans to watch and enjoy. While Booty made clear that new games won’t be announced – a clear attempt to temper expectations – there will still be something enjoyable and commemorative. For one thing, Xbox and Halo go together as seen in Xbox history. Since November 15, 2001, Microsoft sold many millions of Xbox consoles worldwide, paved the way for establishing online console gaming with innovative ways, built up a huge fan base, established Xbox as a major entertainment brand, established Halo as a major pop culture phenomenon and established Xbox as a major ecosystem that link console gamers and Windows PC gamers together!
For the future – the next 20 years – that Matt Booty stated, things are very promising and exciting as there are 23 Xbox game studios (including those from Bethesda) already working on several projects each ensuring that there will be a whole lot of Xbox-exclusive games coming in the near future! On November 11, 2022, Bethesda’s major sci-fi role playing game (RPG) Starfield will be released exclusively on Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X and Windows PC. Meanwhile, RPG specialists Obsidian Entertainment is progressing with its development of the Xbox-exclusive fantasy RPG Avowed and they are also working on the Xbox-exclusive sci-fi RPG sequel The Outer Worlds 2. Bethesda’s studio Arkane Studios is hard at work on the Xbox-exclusive Redfall which will be released in the summer of 2022. Meanwhile, 3rd party studio Avalanche is developing the Xbox-exclusive game Contraband in partnership with Team Xbox. Oh, I should remind you readers and gamers that the Square Enix-controlled game studio Crystal Dynamics is working as a production partner with Xbox game studio The Initiative on the Xbox-exclusive Perfect Dark reboot.
Clearly the old belief that Xbox has no games is simply no more and really is not true anymore by today’s standards. To insist that Xbox has no games today is simply foolish to do.
Speaking of future games, Matt Booty also announced that high profile games of Xbox will be released in this crucial 4th quarter! There are a few releases apart from Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite to look forward to.
To put things in perspective, posted below is an excerpt from Booty’s article. Some parts in boldface…
Now, just weeks before the Xbox 20th anniversary in November, we’re excited to kick-off three epic months of back-to-back blockbuster game launches in Game Pass:
- The Age of Empires franchise has been a major part of Microsoft’s gaming legacy for 24 years and the Oct. 28 launch of Age of Empires IV will be our biggest yet, bringing the evolved real-time strategy game to a new generation on Steam and Game Pass for PC on day one.
- Minecraft will join Game Pass for PC on Nov. 2, followed by new Minecraft Dungeons Seasonal Adventures in December, and Caves & Cliffs: Part II later this year.
- On Nov. 9, gaming’s premier racing franchise returns when Forza Horizon 5’s open-world adventure in Mexico speeds into Xbox Game Pass. Our biggest Forza Horizon ever and winner of the Most Anticipated Game of E3 award, Forza Horizon 5 will launch simultaneously on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC and Steam, and Game Pass including console, PC and Cloud Gaming (beta).
- Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition launches Nov. 18 as a free update for existing players, including Game Pass members, with five new aircrafts, eight new airports, new Discovery Flights and tutorials, and highly requested community features like DX12 support. Microsoft Flight Simulator will also release the exciting Reno Air Races, which features the fastest motorsport on Earth will also be available on Nov. 18.
- The Master Chief returns on Dec. 8 with Halo Infinite. This is the Halo we imagined 20 years ago, finally come to life in the largest Halo game we have ever made. Halo Infinite will be available in Game Pass when it launches across Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. Game Pass Ultimate members will also receive monthly multiplayer bonuses as part of the Perks program.
Our teams have also been expanding on the games you love. These last few months you explored Minecraft: Caves & Cliffs Part 1, Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life, State of Decay 2: Homecoming, Grounded: Hot and Hazy, and last week’s Halo: The Master Chief Collection Season 8. We’re honored that millions of you continue to play in these worlds together.
Wow! The holiday season this year is looking great for Xbox fans and gamers who are looking for the best in console and PC gaming! This Xbox 20th anniversary celebration is indeed exciting and it is only the beginning for even more excitement coming in 2022, 2023 and further years!
In closing this piece, posted below are Xbox-related videos for your viewing pleasure.
Thank you for reading. If you find this article engaging, please click the like button below and also please consider sharing this article to others. If you are looking for a copywriter to create content for your special project or business, check out my services and my portfolio. Feel free to contact me as well. Also please feel free to visit my Facebook page Author Carlo Carrasco and follow me at HavenorFantasy@twitter.com
6 thoughts on “Xbox 20th Anniversary Celebration online set for November 15, 2021”