Recently in the city of Parañaque, a man who attempted to steal electric cables high above ground got electrocuted and died and barangay officials confirmed the victim had records related to theft, according to a GMA Network news report.
To put things in perspective, posted below is an excerpt from the news report of GMA. Some parts in boldface…
A 39-year-old man died after being electrocuted while allegedly attempting to steal electric cables in Barangay San Isidro, Parañaque City, early Sunday.
According to a report by Darlene Cay on “24 Oras Weekend,” authorities found the man already on fire atop an electrical post.
“May tumawag po sa amin na mayroon daw sumabog diyan sa may Lopez Footbridge around mga 1:50 a.m. So pagpunta namin doon, may mga kapulisan na rin po. Nakita nga po na may nasusunog na tao,” barangay desk officer Ryan Fernandez said.
(Someone called us saying something exploded near the Lopez Footbridge around 1:50 a.m. When we arrived, police were already there, and we saw a person on fire.)
Personnel from the Manila Electric Company (Meralco) later retrieved the body from the post.
Initial investigation showed the man had been cutting electrical cables when he was electrocuted. The incident caused a circuit trip that disrupted power supply to several households in the area.
Barangay officials said it was not the first time the man had climbed an electrical post and noted he had prior blotter records related to theft.
“Mayroon siyang mga record, mga blotter na ano siya sa nakawan,” Fernandez said.
(He has records and police blotters related to theft.)
The victim’s family lit candles beneath the electrical post and appealed to the public not to judge him hastily.
“Panawagan ko sa publiko, hindi naman nila nakita yung totoo,” the man’s brother said.
(My plea to the public is that they did not see the whole truth.)
For its part, Meralco warned that stealing, selling, or buying electrical cables is prohibited by law and poses serious safety risks.
Let me end this post by asking you readers: What do you think about this recent development? If you are a resident of Parañaque, did your household lose electricity during the day the incident? Why do you think people would attempt to
You may answer in the comments below. If you prefer to answer privately, you may do so by sending me a direct message online.
+++++
Thank you for reading. If you find this article engaging, please click the like button below, share this article to others and also please consider making a donation to support my publishing. If you are looking for a copywriter to create content for your special project or business, check out my services and my portfolio. Feel free to contact me with a private message. Also please feel free to visit my Facebook page Author Carlo Carrasco and follow me on Twitter at @HavenorFantasy as well as on Tumblr at https://carlocarrasco.tumblr.com/ and on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/authorcarlocarrasco
For more South Metro Manila community news and developments, come back here soon. Also say NO to fake news, NO to irresponsible journalism, NO to misinformation, NO to plagiarists, NO to reckless publishers and NO to sinister propaganda when it comes to news and developments. For South Metro Manila community developments, member engagement, commerce and other relevant updates, join the growing South Metro Manila Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/342183059992673
