Fire razes residential area in Muntinlupa City, 200 families affected

A four-hour fire incident displaced at least 200 families in a residential area along PNR Site in Barangay Cupang, Muntinlupa City before midnight this past Tuesday.

According to an initial report from Muntinlupa City Fire Station, the fire broke out at Aquino Damaso Compound, Purok 2, PNR Site in Brgy. Cupang at 11:36 PM last April 27.

The fire was raised to 2nd alarm leaving 50 houses damaged and around 200 families or 1,000 individuals affected. The estimated damage in the area is at P1,400,000. A total of 79 fire trucks from the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), city government, and other volunteer groups responded to the incident.

BFP declared fire out in the area at around 4:02 AM of April 28 and the cause of fire is still under investigation.

Muntinlupa Mayor Jaime Fresnedi visits residents who were affected by a fire incident in Brgy. Cupang last April 28. The local government has provided hot meals and family kits to affected families who are temporarily taking shelter at Mullet Compound Covered Court. Fire victims are also set to receive financial assistance through a local resolution. (source – Muntinlupa PIO)

Muntinlupa Social Service Department chief Analyn Mercado said the City Government has provided hot meals and family kits to affected families who are temporarily taking shelter at Mullet Compound Covered Court. The local social service department also continues to conduct mapping of affected families and facilitates stress debriefing to affected residents.

Further, the City Health Office and Department of Disaster Resilience and Management are closely monitoring the evacuation center to mitigate COVID-19 transmission. Fire victims are also set to receive financial assistance through a local resolution.

Muntinlupa Mayor Jaime Fresnedi visited the fire victims to extend the City Government’s assistance on Wednesday. Fresnedi vowed to support the fire victims and help them through the city’s social programs.

Muntinlupa City Fire Station encouraged locals to stay safe and take preventive measures in avoiding fire accidents.

+++++

The above information was provided by the City Government of Muntinlupa for the purpose of public information and transparency. Some parts were edited for this website.

Thank you for reading. If you find this article engaging, please click the like button below and also please consider sharing this article to others. If you are looking for a copywriter to create content for your special project or business, check out my services and my portfolio. Feel free to contact me as well. Also please feel free to visit my Facebook page Author Carlo Carrasco and follow me at HavenorFantasy@twitter.com

For more South Metro Manila community news and developments, come back here soon. Also say NO to fake news, NO to irresponsible journalism, NO to misinformation, NO to plagiarists, NO to reckless publishers and NO to sinister propaganda when it comes to news and developments. For South Metro Manila community developments, member engagements, commerce and other relevant updates, join the growing South Metro Manila Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/342183059992673

COVID-19 Crisis: Four communities in Muntinlupa placed under localized lockdown due to rise in COVID-19 cases

The City Government of Muntinlupa added two more communities under localized lockdown, in addition to two areas previously placed under stricter community quarantine, in its latest attempt to prevent further COVID-19 transmissions.

Mayor Jaime Fresnedi signed an executive order declaring a 15-day Extreme Localized Community Quarantine (ELCQ) in St. Anthony St., JPA Subdivision in Brgy. Tunasan and Amparo St. in Brgy. Poblacion starting 06:00 a.m. of March 26 until April 10, 6:00 a.m.

Muntinlupa City Health Office (CHO) acting chief Dr. Juancho Bunyi said the areas have become areas of concern after recording a high attack rate of 32 per 1,000 population and a doubling time of 3 days from March 18-22 for St. Anthony Street, while a high attack rate of 17.14 per 1,000 population and narrow doubling time of 3 days were recorded from March 16-25 in Amparo Street.

He noted that clustering of cases were observed in the communities subjected to the localized lockdown and social distancing and the strict use of face masks are not strictly followed. Further, the City Health Office recorded a high population of senior citizens for both communities.

St. Anthony St., JPA Subdivision in Brgy. Tunasan has 155 residents and 8 active cases while Amparo St. in Brgy. Poblacion has 175 households and 7 active cases as of March 25. CHO is set to conduct a mass testing in the community and will intensify its detection, isolation, and treatment strategies. Contact tracing of close contacts will also be facilitated.

The City Government through the Social Service Department and Barangay will provide additional relief food packs and other basic goods during the effectivity of the ELCQ. PNP Muntinlupa is set to augment roving personnel in nearby areas to ensure the public’s strict compliance to health protocols.

Mayor Jaime Fresnedi asks for the cooperation of the residents from the affected communities and urged them to observe health protocols such as frequent hand-washing, wearing of face masks, and physical distancing.

Previously, the City Government placed Cruzero St., Villa Carolina 1 in Barangay Tunasan and 124 Purok 1 in Barangay Cupang starting March 13 and will end on March 28, 6:00 a.m.

As of March 25, Muntinlupa City has 6,699 confirmed cases with 5,773 recoveries, 735 active cases, 191 reported deaths, 195 suspect cases, and 697 probable cases.

+++++

Thank you for reading. If you find this article engaging, please click the like button below and also please consider sharing this article to others. If you are looking for a copywriter to create content for your special project or business, check out my services and my portfolio. Feel free to contact me as well. Also please feel free to visit my Facebook page Author Carlo Carrasco and follow me at HavenorFantasy@twitter.com

For more South Metro Manila community news and developments, come back here soon. Also say NO to fake news, NO to irresponsible journalism, NO to misinformation, NO to plagiarists, NO to reckless publishers and NO to sinister propaganda when it comes to news and developments. For South Metro Manila community developments, member engagements, commerce and other relevant updates, join the growing South Metro Manila Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/342183059992673