24-Hour Curfew in Muntinlupa City Now in Effect

Disclaimer: This is my original work with details sourced by means of inquiring directly with an official of the City Government of Muntinlupa. Anyone who wants to use this article, in part or in whole, needs to secure first my permission and agree to cite me as the source and author. Let it be known that any unauthorized use of this article will constrain the author to pursue the remedies under R.A. No. 8293, the Revised Penal Code, and/or all applicable legal actions under the laws of the Philippines.

After previously announcing their intention to implement stricter home quarantine all over the city in relation to the ongoing effort to halt the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the City Government of Muntinlupa confirmed today that it approved an ordinance making it official. As such, the entire city is now under a 24-hour curfew.

The City Council of Muntinlupa passed City Ordinance 2020-074 which was signed into law by Mayor Jaime Fresnedi dated March 21, 2020 (today).

For your reference, posted below are digital copies of the ordinance sourced from the City Government’s Facebook page. Just click to enlarge.

With regards to exemptions and a quarantine pass, below is the explanation by Muntinlupa Council Majority Floor Leader Coun. Atty. Raul Corro (sourced from City Government’s FB page).

Curf5

I also learned directly from the City Government that Muntinlupa residents who need to travel to report for work outside the city should prepare evidence (identification essentially) of employment to local personnel who are implementing the curfew.

For more updates about Muntinlupa, come back here.


Thank you for reading. If you find this article engaging, please click the like button below and also please consider sharing this article to others. If you are looking for a copywriter to create content for your special project or business, check out my services and my portfolio. Feel free to contact me as well. Also please feel free to visit my Facebook page Author Carlo Carrasco and follow me at HavenorFantasy@twitter.com

For more South Metro Manila community news and developments, come back here soon. Also say NO to fake news, NO to irresponsible journalism, NO to misinformation, NO to plagiarists and NO to sinister propaganda when it comes to news and developments.

 

 

 

 

Muntinlupa City Government to implement stricter home quarantine for residents due to rise of COVID-19 cases

Muntinlupa City Government to implement stricter home quarantine for residents due to rise of COVID-19 cases

20200311_142615.jpg
Muntinlupa City Hall.

In a bid to slow down and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Muntinlupa, the City Government will implement stricter measures on home quarantine for city residents.

As of March 19, the Muntinlupa City Health Office recorded 55 Persons Under Monitoring (PUM), 43 Persons Under Investigation (PUI), and four confirmed cases in the city.

Mayor Jaime Fresnedi urged barangay officials to strengthen efforts in prohibiting city residents to get out of their homes amid enhanced community quarantine.

“We plead to our constituents to stay at home during this health emergency. The local government is restricting movement of people only for accessing basic necessities and essential work,” Fresnedi said.

The public is advised to stay indoors and consider cancelling non-essential travels as Muntinlupa also imposes curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting March 16 until April 14.

Muntinlupa Public Information Officer Tez Navarro said PNP Muntinlupa augmented roving personnel and will start apprehending violators.

Recently, the Muntinlupa City Government ordered the closure of establishments including malls, beauty parlors, spas, barber shops, and similar establishments with potential face-to-face contact of clients. Those providing essential services were exempted such as banks, pawnshops, money transfer firms, groceries, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies, and hardware stores.

Restaurants, carinderias, and other eateries were only allowed to only accept take-out orders and refrain from providing dine-in services to ensure implementation of social distancing. Restaurant owners and operators were encouraged to post notices and warnings on the spread and ill effects of COVID-19 in their premises.

Further, public and private recreational facilities were also mandated to halt operations such as fitness gyms, swimming pools, saunas karaoke bars, and country club facilities for sports that entail close person to person contact. While, a liquor ban was enacted to prevent gathering opportunities for city residents in the duration of the quarantine period.

In a bid to address panic-buying, the Muntinlupa City Council also approved the anti-hoarding ordinance that restrict bulk-buying of basic commodities.

For concerns related to community quarantine and COVID-19 testing, Muntinlupa City residents may reach hotline nos. 0977-240-5217 or 0977-240-5218.


This is an official Press Release issued by the City Government of Muntinlupa. Some parts were edited for this website.

For more South Metro Manila community news and developments, come back here soon. Also say NO to fake news, NO to irresponsible journalism, NO to misinformation, NO to plagiarists and NO to sinister propaganda when it comes to news and developments.